The City of Keo Mayor is the chief administrator of the City and is appointed by Council. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all Departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Mayor also works to develop the City's annual water and sewer budget, works with other leaders in the region, and performs other duties assigned per the request from City Council.